Photo & Recipe by Éva Raposa
This time of year, you may find yourself or the people around you feeling sniffly, run down, or even catching the dreaded flu. Eeks!
This simple tea remedy is an immune booster but also can help to clear you right out. With or without the fresh turmeric (that you can find at Vineyard Grocer!), I hope this recipe blesses your family too!!
YIELD: 2 x 12-ounce cups of tea
- Fresh turmeric, thumb-sized chunk (about 1" x 1/2")
- Fresh ginger, thumb-sized chunk (about 1" x 1/2")
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 liter filtered water
- 1 lime
- optional: honey or stevia
- Put 1 liter of water on the stove to boil in a sauce pan.
- While the water is coming to a boil, thinly slice and then roughly chop the onion, and chop the turmeric, garlic, and ginger into small chunks.
- Boil everything together for 5-10 minutes, then strain.
- Pour the tea in your mug, then add the juice of half of a lime.
- Optional: add a few drops of stevia or some raw honey.
- You can reboil this mix up to 2 more times in the same day. The flavor will weaken, but it will still be potent for hydration and the health boost!
- The cutting board pictured was made in Mr. Seaborn's carpentry class at the MVRHS. Just on a personal note! :-)