At the bottom of this post, we have a delicious recipe to share with you. But for now, let’s just have a chat about Feta Cheese. :-)
This is one ingredient that can brighten up your whole dish if paired with the right ingredients.
One key is to make sure everything is SUPER fresh, and another is to have the right balance of acid (lemon, apple cider vinegar, tomatoes, etc.) AND fat (olives and olive oil are perfectly paired).
But I’ve also tried feta paired with mint and watermelon, and it was shockingly delicious! Here are some ideas to get you started!
more obvious friends of feta:
- Red bell peppers
- & Sun-dried tomatoes!
- As a stuffing in tomatoes
- & Olive oil!
- Red onion
less obvious pairings:
- Baked Potatoes
- Fresh dill
- In tortillas with your other ingredients… mmmm
Late Summer Salad
with Peaches, Arugula, & Feta
Servings: 4 side salads
salad base ingredients
- 4 cups arugula and/or spinach leaves
- 2 ripe peaches, quartered
- 8 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- (optional, not pictured) thin slivers of purple onion
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/ Whisk salad dressing ingredients in a bowl until well mixed, then toss with arugula and/or spinach leaves.
2/ Top with peaches, figs, and feta + the optional slivers of purple onion.