Recipe & Tips by Éva Raposa
TRY this salad (so delicious!!), and you won't need REASONS to eat it, but it's such a pleasure to know that food you love is loving you back. So let's dive in!
Kale is quite often called a "powerhouse" for good reason. It's high in iron (Popeye's spinach can't touch kale!!), Vitamin K, antioxidants, and calcium. For starters. Kale both helps you to detoxify AND rebuild. We ❤️you kale! 😘
RECIPE: Kale Salad with Pear Squares & Pine Nuts
Yield: 2 generous salads
4 cups curly kale
2-3 Tablespoons avocado oil
1 teaspoon pink salt
1 ripe avocado, diced or sliced
1 pear, cubed
1/4 cup pine nuts
chili pepper flakes, to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced
1. De-stem the kale, then chop your leaves into smaller bite-sized pieces.
2. Massage the avocado oil and pink salt into the kale, firmly until the kale begins to look almost wilted.
3. Arrange your toppings of avocado, pear, pine nuts, and chili flakes, with a squeeze of lemon juice.
TIPS & TRICKS for your prepping pleasure
- Want to make your avocado super lovely? Check out <<these 4 tips on avocados>> and <<this one for making an avocado ROSE>>!
- Set aside the kale stems for juicing if you juice!
SUBSTITUTIONS (make life so much easier!)
- Don’t have avocado oil? Just use another one!!
- Don’t have pink salt? Use what you have (although we are partial to the pink salt!).
- Replace pear with apple or even an entirely different fruit.
- Pine nuts can also easily be swapped for another nut or crunchy item of your preference. Like Brazil nut seeds if you have ‘em on hand already!
- Substitute lemon juice for lime juice, orange juice, or apple cider vinegar.
- Swap out the chili pepper flakes for another pungent, happy-circulation food like onions, cayenne powder, or fresh black pepper.